#LCSM Chat topic 11/7/2019: #LungCancer Awareness–Are We Making a Difference? #LCAM
Please join the #LCSM community and moderator Janet Freeman-Daily (@JFreemanDaily) for our next #LCSM Chat on Thursday, November 7, 2019, at 8 pm Eastern Time (5 pm Pacific) to discuss “Lung Cancer Awareness–Are We Making a Difference?”
November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month (#LCAM on social media). Activities during LCAM include fundraising, Shine a Light gatherings, seminars, social media blitzes, media coverage, and patients sharing their stories. Now that LCAM has been happening for several years, it’s time to assess whether it’s making a difference in raising awareness, decreasing stigma, and funding lung cancer advocacy and research How do we know these activities are creating a positive change? Which activities have the most impact? What could/should we be doing differently than we’re already doing?
Our November 7,#LCSM Chat will discuss #LCAM activities and impact using the following questions:
- T1: What evidence do we have that LCAM activities are making a positive difference in lung cancer awareness? How can we measure the impact?
- T2: Which current Lung Cancer Awareness Month activities are having the most impact?
- T3: How can #LCAM break out of the social media “echo chamber” to reach people outside the #lungcancer community?
- T4: What can patients, advocates, and organizations do to help cancer centers, hospitals, and clinicians be active in #LCAM?
- T5: What new publicity tactics might patients and advocates use to extend their reach?
We are excited to have you join us for this #LCSM Chat. Please join us this Thursday and please remember to include #LCSM (as well as #LCAM) in ALL your tweets so the other chat participants can see them. You can read a primer on participating in the chat here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.