Tomorrow, February 4th, is World Cancer Day. The focus this year is Target 5 of the World Cancer Declaration: reduce stigma and dispel myths about cancer. The World Cancer Day campaign seeks to “Debunk the myths” of cancer: We don’t need to talk about cancer There are no signs or symptoms of cancer There’s nothing I can do about cancer I don’t have the right to cancer care This focus parallels the goal of #LCSM “to educate, develop public support, end the stigma, and facilitate successful treatments for the leading cause of… Read More
- #LCSM Chat Topic 9/21: Patient-Clinician Communication in Cancer Care: Conflicting Ideals vs. Reality?
- #LCSM Chat Topic 9/7: Doing Cancer When You Have Kids
- #LCSM Chat Topic August 10: The Ins and Outs of Lung Cancer Biopsies
- #LCSM Chat topic 7/27: Happy birthday #LCSM–four and feisty!
- #LCSM Chat Topic 7/13: Balancing Connection to Others in the Cancer Community with the Risk of Loss
#ASCO16 #LCAM14 ALK biomarker cancer treatment plans clinical research clinical trials Drugs EGFR epatients FDA immunotherapy LDCT lung cancer lung cancer awareness month lung cancer risk factors lung cancer screening Medicare coverage of LDCT over-treatment PCORI Screening self-advocacy shared decision making trials World Cancer Day