#LCSM Chat Topic 10/19: World Conference on Lung Cancer (#WCLC2017) Wrap-Up
Please join the #LCSM community and moderator Brendon Stiles (@BrendonStilesMD) for the next #LCSM Chat on Thursday, October 19th, at 8 pm Eastern Time (5 pm Pacific). The topic of the chat will be “World Conference on Lung Cancer 2017 Wrap-Up.”
The annual World Conference on Lung Cancer, known on Twitter this year as #WCLC2017, is the world’s largest meeting dedicated to lung cancer. Hosted by the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (@IASLC), the conference is taking place from October 15-18th in Yokohama, Japan. The conference’s motto, “Synergy to Conquer Lung Cancer” is an accurate description of how it strives to bring together healthcare professionals, scientists, industry partners, and health advocacy groups for a unique opportunity to exchange information and forge future collaborations to improve the outlook for patients with lung cancer.
In this chat we hope to cover some of the highlights from the just-completed conference and get the unique perspective of some of the people who attended the meeting in Japan. Our discussion topics will be:
- T1: Why is the annual World Conference on Lung Cancer such an important meeting?
- T2: What is the role of patients and advocates at this meeting?
- T3: What is new in cancer screening and early stage lung cancer?
- T4: What is new in advanced disease and medical oncology?
- T5: Were there any exciting new areas of translational research that show particular promise for patients with lung cancer?
We would love to have you join us for this #LCSM Chat focused on #WCLC2017. The meeting covered practically all aspects of lung cancer, so should be of interest to everyone in the #LCSM community. Please join us this Thursday and please remember to include #LCSM in ALL your tweets so the other chat participants can see them. You can read a primer on participating in the chat here.