#LCSM Chat Topic 3/23: What Is a High-Value Cancer Drug?
Our topic for the next #LCSM Chat on Thursday, March 23 at 5 PM Pacific (8 PM Eastern) will be “What Is a High-Value Cancer Drug?”
With the price of new cancer drugs escalating, many are concerned about whether patients and the healthcare system can continue to access the most effective drugs. The 2016-2017 President’s Cancer Panel (PCP) topic is “Ensuring Patients’ Access to High-Value Cancer Drugs.” Andrew Schorr of Patient Power will be one of the patient advocates participating in the March 27, 2017 PCP meeting. This chat will help provide some inputs for Andrew, and give us a chance to chat about the topic in general.
You can also provide Andrew with information for the PCP by completing this survey: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3370937/Cancer-Drug-Cost-Survey-2017
Moderator Deana Hendrickson (@LungCancerFaces) will use the following topic questions to lead our discussion:
- T1: How has paying for cancer drugs caused financial hardship for you or someone you know?
- T2: What factors should determine a drug’s value?
- T3: How would you define a “high-value cancer drug”? Is it by cost alone?
- T4: What “quality of life” factors should be captured in clinical trials?
- T5: How might drug companies do more to prove to you that they are working in your best interest?
Please remember to include #LCSM in ALL your tweets so the other chat participants can see them. You can read a primer on participating in the chat here. Hope you’ll join us!
You must be logged in to post a comment.