#LCSM Chat Topic 9/22: Let’s Talk #LCAM 2016
Lung Cancer Awareness Month 2016 (#LCAM) is just around the corner in November. Our #LCSM Tweet chat on Thursday, September 22, 2016, at 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific) will be a discussion of #LCAM ideas and activities.
New this year will be a joint #LCAM public awareness campaign and a website (LCAM.org) created by a consortium of non-profit lung cancer patient advocacy organizations, individuals, and the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC). The logo at the top of this post is the LCAM logo created by this collaboration. A critical part of this campaign is to share and widely promote the stories of lung cancer survivors, caregivers and families of those who have been diagnosed with lung cancer. Through these stories, we will demonstrate the impact that research is having to create hope and more survivors. We ask all of the lung cancer community to participate to raise awareness and make an impact this November.
Please complete the form at https://karmanos.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_79WfZmv5gbowZRb to participate and share your story and photos. If you have video to share, or content that is larger than the maximum file size of 16 MB, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an organization partner participating in the LCAM Campaign, please also use this link to submit your organization description, logo and landing page.
During the 9/22 chat, we’d like to know your thoughts about this unified #LCAM campaign: how do we best harmonize strategies, publicize the lcam.org website, and spread the word? To guide our discussion, our moderator Deana Hendrickson (@LungCancerFaces) will raise the following topics:
- T1: When should the consortium publicize the LCAM.org joint initiative (one date in November, one day each week in November, or …)?
- T2: How might we harmonize #LCAM strategies among lung cancer advocacy organizations and individuals?
- T3: How can we best spread the word about #LCAM & LCAM.org? Buy ads (where & when)? Social media (volume, content, timing of posts)?
- T4: What LCAM logo merchandise would the #LCSM community like to see for Lung Cancer Awareness Month? (Tshirts, stretchy bracelets, pins, something else?)
- T5: How can the #LCSM community best support #LCAM and LCAM.org?
If you’re unsure how to join a tweet chat, you can read this primer on how to participate. Hope you’ll join #LCSM Chat, Thursday, September 22, at 5 PM Pacific (8 PM Eastern). Spread the word!