#LCSM Chat Topic 6/4/2020: #ASCO20 Roundup for #LungCancer
Please join #LCSM Chat Thursday, June 4, 2020, at 8 pm Eastern time (5 pm Pacific) to discuss the ASCO 2020 Annual Virtual Meeting presentations related to lung cancer.
Usually, the ASCO Annual Meeting is held in Chicago, Illinois at the end of May/beginning of June, and attracts over 40,000 attendees from around the world. Due to social distancing recommended during the COVID-19 pandemic, ASCO 2020 is being conducted virtually this year. The scientific program happened May 29-31, and the educational program will happen August 8-10. The meeting was FREE to ASCO members, and also free to patients and caregivers who emailed a request to attend, so many more people were able to access its content.
Several lung cancer specialists shared their list of top ASCO 2020 lung cancer abstracts online:
- Dr. Alfredo Addeo: https://twitter.com/Alfdoc2/status/1264834675220066306
- Dr. Antonio Calles: https://twitter.com/Tony_Calles/status/1265024789963563008
- Dr. Martín Lázaro: https://twitter.com/mlazqui/status/1264670162843840514
- Dr. Stephen V. Liu and Dr. Zofia Piotrowska: https://www.clinicaloptions.com/oncology/conference-coverage/clin-onc-2020/clinicalthought/ct1/page-1
- Dr. Antonio Passaro: https://twitter.com/APassaroMD/status/1264900345752420352
- Dr. Nate Pennell: https://twitter.com/n8pennell/status/1264589891058499584
It’s impossible to summarize all of the ASCO 2020 scientific sessions about lung cancer in one hour, but we’ll give it our best shot! Janet Freeman-Daily (@JFreemanDaily) will moderate our discussion using the following questions:
- T1: What information was presented at #ASCO20 about COVID-19 and cancer?
- T2: What were the top abstracts at #ASCO20 specifically about lung cancer (screening, diagnosis, treatment, care)?
- T3: What key abstracts at #ASCO20 related to policy or patient care might influence lung cancer care?
- T4: What upsides or downsides do you see for the #ASCO20 virtual meeting format (compared to the usual in-person format)?
Please join us, and bring your experiences and wisdom! Remember to include #LCSM in ALL your tweets so the other chat participants can see them. You can read a primer on participating in the chat here.