#LCSM Chat Topic 3/10: Living Metastatic (#AMSM)–common experiences across cancers
#LCSM Chat believes there is value in building community across advanced and metastatic cancers. Advanced and metastatic cancer patients have concerns beyond those of earlier-stage patients. To recognize this, Symplur has registered a new hashtag: #AMSM (Advanced and Metastatic Social Media). #AMSM is a special concern for lung cancer, since more than half of lung cancer patients are metastatic at diagnosis.
To help build the #AMSM community, the #LCSM Chat on 3/10 at 8 pm ET (5 PM PT) will be “Living Metastatic– common experiences across cancers.” We will use the #LCSM hashtag to chat, but include #AMSM in our tweets. Information on how to join the chat can be found on the “Participate” page of the #LCSM Chat website (https://lcsmchat.com/lcsm-chat/).
The chat moderator will be Janet Freeman-Daily (a metastatic lung cancer patient). We have confirmed some special guests from different cancer communities (as of 3/8 PM):
- Corrie Painter (@corrie_painter), Associate Director of the Metastatic Breast Cancer Project
- Michele Coston Longabaugh (@crazyasscancer), metastatic anal cancer survivor/advocate
- Rich McDonald (@hotelmelanoma), advanced melanoma survivor/advocate
- Dawn Eicher (@dawneicher), metastatic colon cancer survivor/advocate
- Roberta Luna (@halfcrazy_luna), pancreatic cancer survivor/advocate and caretaker
Our topic questions for this chat will be:
- T1: How is delivering/receiving an advanced or metastatic cancer diagnosis different than earlier stage diagnoses? #AMSM #LCSM
- T2: How can we best help patients process the shock of an advanced/metastatic cancer diagnosis? #AMSM #LCSM
- T3: What aspects of living with advanced/metastatic cancer are typically the most difficult? #AMSM #LCSM
- T4: How would an advanced/metastatic cancer community be helpful to you? #AMSM #LCSM