By Dr. H. Jack West A couple of weeks ago, I described the new concept of a “tweetchat” about lung cancer, and we’re about to have our second of these tomorrow: Thursday, August 8th, at 8 PM Eastern, 5 PM Pacific time. The topic for this one will be about the growing trend toward personalized cancer care, breaking what was previously one broad category of “lung cancer” into a federation of smaller subgroups — defined by tumor histology, molecular marker results, smoking status, etc. But do we risk losing some hard fought unity… Read More
- #LCSM Chat topic 7/27: Happy birthday #LCSM–four and feisty!
- #LCSM Chat Topic 7/13: Balancing Connection to Others in the Cancer Community with the Risk of Loss
- #LCSM Chat Topic 6/29: When Doctors Disagree
- #LCSM Chat Topic 6/15: Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs)—more effective than some approved cancer drugs for advanced disease
- #LCSM Chat Topic 6/1: Community Grief: Dealing with our Cumulative Losses
#ASCO16 #LCAM14 ALK biomarker cancer treatment plans clinical research clinical trials Drugs EGFR epatients FDA immunotherapy LDCT lung cancer lung cancer awareness month lung cancer risk factors lung cancer screening Medicare coverage of LDCT over-treatment PCORI Screening self-advocacy shared decision making trials World Cancer Day