By Dr. H. Jack West For our upcoming lung cancer tweetchat (hashtag #lcsm) on Thursday, August 22nd at 8 PM Eastern, 5 PM Pacific, we’re going to be covering the important topic of costs of cancer drugs and procedures, how that’s affecting patient care, whether pricing is fair, and whether there is a sense of value in the drugs and treatments being offered. The first question we’ll cover is whether the rising costs of cancer drugs and procedures is affecting patients, and if so, how? I have my own perspective, but are… Read More
- #LCSM Chat topic 7/27: Happy birthday #LCSM–four and feisty!
- #LCSM Chat Topic 7/13: Balancing Connection to Others in the Cancer Community with the Risk of Loss
- #LCSM Chat Topic 6/29: When Doctors Disagree
- #LCSM Chat Topic 6/15: Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs)—more effective than some approved cancer drugs for advanced disease
- #LCSM Chat Topic 6/1: Community Grief: Dealing with our Cumulative Losses
#ASCO16 #LCAM14 ALK biomarker cancer treatment plans clinical research clinical trials Drugs EGFR epatients FDA immunotherapy LDCT lung cancer lung cancer awareness month lung cancer risk factors lung cancer screening Medicare coverage of LDCT over-treatment PCORI Screening self-advocacy shared decision making trials World Cancer Day