Written by #LCSM Moderator Dr. H. Jack West Earlier this week, I met a young women newly confronted with the terribly difficult news of a diagnosis of advanced lung cancer. As we discussed the potential of finding a targeted mutation that could be treated by an oral targeted therapy, I mentioned that it typically takes several days to a couple of weeks to get approval and delivery of one of these agents, since they cost anywhere from $7,000 to $15,000 per month in the US. Though I reassured her that this treatment… Read More
- #LCSM Chat Topic 1-Apr-2021: Tell Us What You Want — We’re Listening
- #LCSM Chat Topic 4-Mar-2021: Liquid Bx—It pays to be vein
- #LCSM Chat Topic 4-Feb-2021: “#WCLC20 from the comfort of your own home”
- #LCSM Chat Topic 01/07/2021: What are your predictions for the Rx of #LungCancer in 2021?
- #LCSM Chat Topic 12/03/2020: 2020–Wild Year for #LungCancer
#LCAM14 ALK biomarker cancer treatment plans clinical research clinical trials COVID-19; antigen test Drugs EGFR epatients immunotherapy LDCT lung cancer lung cancer awareness month lung cancer risk factors lung cancer screening Medicare coverage of LDCT over-treatment patient advocates PCORI Screening self-advocacy shared decision making trials World Cancer Day