Q A July 23 article in Newsweek titled “The High Cost of Cancer Care: Your Money or Your Life?” emphasizes a topic of increasing concern: the escalating costs of new cancer drugs, and the toll this takes on patients and families. A presentation at ASCO 2015 titled “Perspectives in Value” graphically showed the escalating price of cancer drugs in recent years, and how those prices soar off the charts for some new immunotherapies. The presentation also showed how prices of targeted therapy drugs don’t seem to go down as more patients use… Read More
- #LCSM Chat Topic 06/20/2019: Recent Lung Cancer Conference Highlights
- #LCSM Chat Topic 05/09/2019: What’s new in early stage lung cancer
- #LCSM Chat Topic 04/11/2019: Why research matters for lung cancer
- #LCSM Chat Topic 03/07: Biomarker Magicians (or, Why We Love Pathologists)
- #LCSM Chat Topic 2019-02-07: Is it worth the drive?
#LCAM14 ALK biomarker cancer treatment plans clinical research clinical trials Drugs EGFR epatients FDA immunotherapy LDCT lung cancer lung cancer awareness month lung cancer risk factors lung cancer screening Medicare coverage of LDCT over-treatment patient advocates PCORI Screening self-advocacy shared decision making trials World Cancer Day