Immunotherapy has revolutionized cancer care, particularly for lung cancer patients. On Thursday, June 14, 2018, at 8 PM Eastern time (5 PM Pacific), #LCSM Chat moderator Brendon Stiles (@BrendonStilesMD) will lead our discussion on “Immunotherapy–the ultimate personalized therapy.” Over the last few years, several “checkpoint inhibitors” have been approved by the FDA for lung cancer patients. Because these drugs essentially unleash brakes on T cells which allow each patient’s own immune system to kill their cancer cells, these drugs could be considered the ultimate personalized therapy for cancer. In fact, these drugs… Read More
- #LCSM Chat Topic 01/07/2021: What are your predictions for the Rx of #LungCancer in 2021?
- #LCSM Chat Topic 12/03/2020: 2020–Wild Year for #LungCancer
- #LCSM Chat Topic 11/05/2020: Celebrating Safely During #COVID-19 Pandemic
- #LCSM Chat Topic 10/01/2020: Crazy year, crazy progress–#lungcancer at #ESMO20
- #LCSM Chat Topic 9/3/2020: Is #Cancer Advocacy for Everyone?
#LCAM14 ALK biomarker cancer treatment plans clinical research clinical trials COVID-19; antigen test Drugs EGFR epatients immunotherapy LDCT lung cancer lung cancer awareness month lung cancer risk factors lung cancer screening Medicare coverage of LDCT over-treatment patient advocates PCORI Screening self-advocacy shared decision making trials World Cancer Day