“Cancer research” is a broad term that encompasses everything from basic bench science, to translational research on patient-derived tumor specimens, to clinical trials, to studies on patient centered outcomes. While it is obvious to all of us in the lung cancer community that research is critical to improving patient outcomes, lung cancer remains underfunded compared to other common cancers. Several different mechanisms exist to fund cancer research, including private philanthropy, Big Pharma, not-for-profit cancer research and advocacy groups, and government organizations including the DOD and NIH/NCI among others. Given funding imbalances, it… Read More
- All good things … The Sunset of #LCSM Chat
- #LCSM Chat Topic 2021-11-04: #Lungcancer advocacy–what a difference a decade makes!
- #LCSM Chat Topic 07-Oct-2021: Best in Show–Lung Cancer Highlights from #WCLC21 & #ESMO21
- #LCSM Chat Topic 02-Sep-2021– It’s Your Life: Be an Engaged Patient
- #LCSM Chat Topic 03-Jun-2021: Making the Most of #ASCO21
#LCAM14 ALK biomarker cancer treatment plans clinical research clinical trials COVID-19; antigen test Drugs EGFR epatients immunotherapy LDCT lung cancer lung cancer awareness month lung cancer risk factors lung cancer screening Medicare coverage of LDCT over-treatment patient advocates PCORI Screening self-advocacy shared decision making trials World Cancer Day